Sell pre-orders only when out of stock
You can easily take your existing products on Shopify and turn them into pre-orders when they are out of stock by following the steps below.
1. Navigate to the products section in your Shopify admin and create a product in Shopify. If you already have a product set up. You can skip this step.
2. Navigate to the DC Pre-orders app under the apps section and click on Preorder.
3. Click on " Create Preorder" and select the products you want to set as preorders.
4. Set the preorder type to Preorder - when out of stock, so the preorder is only active after the product runs out of stock.
5. Once you have set the pre-order products in Shopify, navigate to the Preferences tab and click on Activate under Theme Preferences.
6. You should be automatically navigated to DC Preorders theme extension with it already activate.
You can go into your storefront and navigate to the preorder product to test the preorder button. If you have any issues with the preorder setup, reach out to our team and we would be happy to get you up and running.