Getting started and creating preorders
You can easily take your existing products on Shopify and turn them into pre-orders by following the steps below.
1. Navigate to the products section in your Shopify admin and create a product in Shopify. If you already have a product set up. You can skip this step.
2. Navigate to the DC Pre-orders app under the apps section and click on Preorder.
3. Click on "Create Preorder" and select the products you want to set as preorders.
Select the pre-order type. If you would like to sell the pre-order only when it's out of stock, select the Preorder - when out of stock.
There are essentially 3 types that you can use:
- Preorder - always available: This means that a product is available for preorder all the time, even if it's in stock.
- Preorder - when out of stock: This type of preorder is only available when the product is out of stock, and it will become available for purchase again at a later date.
- Preorder - limited availability: This type of preorder is always available, but there is a limit on the number of preorders that can be placed due to limited inventory.
5. Once you have set the pre-order products in Shopify, navigate to the Preferences tab and click on Activate under Theme Preferences.
You can go into your storefront and navigate to the preorder product to test the preorder button. If you have any issues with the preorder setup, reach out to our team and we would be happy to get you up and running.